We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the Operations Team at our Blackpool site.
In this role you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the engineering function & teams, ensuring delivery of all target KPI’s to agreed quality and budgetary standards, whilst leading and driving the creation of a Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement culture across all levels of accountability & influence.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining & improving preventative maintenance systems against a background of high pressure delivery conditions.
- Able to manage key engineering projects within agreed delivery & cost control targets.
- Have operated in an environment where LEAN manufacturing is established or have experience in the transformation of an existing operation using Lean manufacturing techniques.
- A track record in developing a world class engineering culture through the effective mobilization & modernization of teams and individuals.
- Deliver capital projects OTIF vs budget with strong communication throughout
- Manage budgets effectively
- Performance review of all staff to ensure continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of confectionary equipment
- The ability to work cross functionally and build strong relationships
We would expect the successful candidate to have previous exposure in a similar leadership role and hold the following qualifications: 17th Edition, IOSH / NEBOSH, Engineering Degree or equivalent together with a proven safety record. Experience with Retailer Codes of Practice and food manufacturing is desirable but other backgrounds will be considered if skills and behaviours fit
We would also anticipate the successful candidate to be flexible in their working hours when needed and lead by example. It’s imperative that you are used to operating in a change management culture, to ensure we increase our competiveness and service delivery.
In return you can expect to receive a competitive salary + benefits
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4th November 2016