The main purpose of the role will be to ensure that the sites comply with the hygiene and housekeeping requirements of current customers, relevant third party agencies, Tangerine Group policies and procedures, and meets its legal obligations with regards hygiene and housekeeping.
Duties will include:
Manage, advise and equip the hygiene team so they are able to carry out their duties effectively.
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals are correctly stored and dispensed, usage is monitored and data relating to food safety and health and safety of chemicals is available on site.
- Manage the other cleaning equipment and materials associated to the successful running of the department and ensure that they are available and maintained in a good condition at all times where required.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager and Production team ensure that hygiene risk assessments are carried out to determine schedules / frequencies of cleaning and that instructions (methods of work) are prepared with key inspection points highlighted.
- Work with the Production team to ensure cleaning records are fully complete and a system of cleaning verification is in place.
- Manage the introduction to the factory of any new instructions or schedules and provide training for staff where appropriate.
- Provide all hygiene information that is required during the site customer audits.
- Carry out detailed internal audits of equipment and factory GMP.
- Ensure that a suitable high level cleaning plan is maintained and cleaning is carried out to this plan in all relevant areas of the factory.
- Organise and manage the cleaning contractors to ensure that they are adhere to the Health and Safety regulations while they are on site and check and verify their work before signing off.
- Assist with the investigation of any hygiene related factory incidents or complaints.
- Manage the laundry process on site.
- Carry out other duties within the scope of the role as directed by the site Technical Manager e.g. assisting with site HACCP team on request.
- Work with the Technical Manager to manage the site Pest Control contract.
Successful applicants should have a minimum of 2 years food industry experience within a Hygiene role, and be fully understanding of HACCP/COSH along with internal & external audits experience.
You should also be an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with good verbal and written communication skills, A ‘no nonsense’ approach to maintaining standards and doing the right thing, be able to keep calm under pressure and when dealing with incidents, have good use of reasoning/logic skills, Excellent Organisational and PC skills and good people management experience. Flexibility to work according to the needs is essential.
Closing date for applications 25th August 2017.
To apply, please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org